Text and screenshot by Allyson Kazmucha
The Mail app has gotten even smarter in iOS 8 thanks to smart data detection notifications. If an email contains items such as addresses, phone numbers, or even things like flight information, the Mail app can make calendar and contact suggestions based on the context. For example, entering an upcoming flight into your calendar can now be done in as little as three taps. Here’s how:
How to add events and contact info through the Mail app in iOS 8
- Launch the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or higher.
- Open an email message that contains either contact information or2appointment details.
- The Mail app should automatically detect information relevant information by presenting a notification banner at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the banner to view your options.
- Tap on of the actions you’d like to perform. In this example, I can choose to add any one of the flights in my itinerary to my calendar by tapping Add to Calendar on any one of them.
- Once I’m done editing details if necessary, I can tap Add and I’m done.
Read the whole article on iMore.com.